* [Fwd: Re: HEAD update blocked]
@ 2004-04-08  7:39 Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2004-04-08  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos Maintainers

I recommend not committing any new patches for the moment. Even without
potential corruption of the particular commit, it may be reverted if
there's a restore from backup. I'll try to remember to notify folks once
things are back to normal.

Jifl

[-- Attachment #2: Re: HEAD update blocked --]
[-- Type: message/rfc822, Size: 3252 bytes --]

From: Jason Molenda <jason-gcclist@molenda.com>
To: law@redhat.com
Cc: David Edelsohn <dje@watson.ibm.com>, Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr@integrable-solutions.net>, overseers@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: HEAD update blocked
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 22:36:48 -0700

On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 11:20:19PM -0600, law@redhat.com wrote:

> I'd recommend bringing the machine down and forcing an fsck of all the
> relevant filesystems.  Unfortunately, I'm 1500 miles away and don't
> trust myself to set that up and deal with any potential consequences
> remotely.

A failing disk is a big risk particularly the CVS repository disk.
I would not be opposed to turning off all CVS access until some
capable RH person can look at it personally tomorrow morning.

Opinions?

Does anyone know for certain that such a knowledgable person
can be found?

Jason

* Re: [Fwd: Re: HEAD update blocked]
@ 2004-04-08  7:49 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2004-04-08  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: eCos Maintainers

Jonathan Larmour said:
> I recommend not committing any new patches for the moment. Even without
> potential corruption of the particular commit, it may be reverted if
> there's a restore from backup. I'll try to remember to notify folks once
> things are back to normal.

Just FYI - I always keep an up-to-date backup of the raw CVS repository,
in case their backups aren't quite so good :-)