* SMP board
@ 2003-11-24 15:06 hjcho
From: hjcho @ 2003-11-24 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-maintainers

Hi,

It's the second mail.
I know that you have not enough time to answer every question.
But, this is a kinda urgent to me and could you please answer this email?

I am looking for SMP board having 3 or morethan 3 CPU's to run eCos.
Our project is focusing on developing an efficient algorithm to assign tasks
in multi-processor environment.

Can you recommend the SMP board for eCos?
Is there anyone who have done this work?

Thank you in advance.

Hyeonjoong Cho
hjcho@vt.edu

* Re: SMP board
@ 2003-11-24 15:50 ` Nick Garnett
From: Nick Garnett @ 2003-11-24 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hjcho; +Cc: ecos-maintainers

hjcho <hjcho@vt.edu> writes:

> Hi,
>
> It's the second mail.
> I know that you have not enough time to answer every question.
> But, this is a kinda urgent to me and could you please answer this email?
>
> I am looking for SMP board having 3 or morethan 3 CPU's to run eCos.
> Our project is focusing on developing an efficient algorithm to assign tasks
> in multi-processor environment.
>
> Can you recommend the SMP board for eCos?
> Is there anyone who have done this work?

The only target for which there is SMP support in eCos is the PC, and
that has only been tested on a dual Pentium system. So your best bet
is to get a quad Pentium system. An obsolete server would do the
trick.

If you want to use any other target then you will need to add the
necessary HAL support.