public inbox for elfutils@sourceware.org
* linker to be used for elfutils
@ 2021-03-17  4:14 Navin P
From: Navin P @ 2021-03-17  4:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Wielaard, Timm Bäder, elfutils-devel

Hi,
  I wanted to check if other linkers gold,lld are supported by elfutils.

 i have the following compilers and linkers

a) gcc + ld.bfd       all tests pass
b) clang + ld.bfd    all tests pass
c) gcc + gold         few tests fail
d) clang + gold      Still not tried
e) gcc + lld            Still not tried
f) clang + lld          few tests fail

Before evening getting into the tests and trying to fix it i would
like to know if all of these are supported ?

For example gcc + gold  fails due to zero sized AMS section in .rodata
for elfstrmerge executable.

Also we run elflint with --gnu-ld option for the tests.  Will it run
with --gnu-ld for lld and good ?

Regards,
Navin

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-03-17  4:14 UTC | newest]