public inbox for elfutils@sourceware.org
* Windows build of libelf (or more)?
@ 2021-05-04 14:47 Stephan Tobies
From: Stephan Tobies @ 2021-05-04 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: elfutils-devel

To refresh an existing library based on the old libelf code (mr511), I am looking for a way to compile (or cross-compile) the libelf of the elfutils for Windows. If have been searching the mailing list archive but have not found any pointers in that direction.

Is anybody aware of a way to compile libelf into a standalone Windows DLL?

Any pointers would be appreciated!

Thanks and best regards

Stephan Tobies

Dr. Stephan Tobies | Principal Architect | Verification Group
Tel: +49 (241) 479 - 67116 | Cell: +49 (151) 550-66974
Email: tobies@synopsys.com<mailto:tobies@synopsys.com>| Web: www.Synopsys.com<http://www.coware.com/>
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Aschheim, Landkreis München - Rechtsform: GmbH - Amtsgericht München HRB 90949  - VAT/ USt-ld Nr. DE129470370
Geschäftsführung:  Gregor Wiethaler, Prof. Dr. Andreas Hoffmann, Orla Anne Murphy, Luisa Diogo

* Re: Windows build of libelf (or more)?
@ 2021-05-06  1:27 ` Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2021-05-06  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephan Tobies, elfutils-devel

Hi Stephan,

On Tue, 2021-05-04 at 14:47 +0000, Stephan Tobies via Elfutils-devel
wrote:
> To refresh an existing library based on the old libelf code (mr511),
> I am looking for a way to compile (or cross-compile) the libelf of
> the elfutils for Windows. If have been searching the mailing list
> archive but have not found any pointers in that direction.
>
> Is anybody aware of a way to compile libelf into a standalone Windows
> DLL?
>
> Any pointers would be appreciated!

The Qt project had some windows libraries:
https://code.qt.io/cgit/qt-creator/elfutils.git/
https://download.qt.io/development_releases/prebuilt/elfutils/

See also
https://sourceware.org/pipermail/elfutils-devel/2018q3/001166.html

Cheers,

Mark

* Re: Windows build of libelf (or more)?
@ 2021-05-06  6:53   ` Ulf Hermann
From: Ulf Hermann @ 2021-05-06  6:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Wielaard, Stephan Tobies, elfutils-devel

> The Qt project had some windows libraries:
> https://code.qt.io/cgit/qt-creator/elfutils.git/
> https://download.qt.io/development_releases/prebuilt/elfutils/

Those are somewhat outdated, unfortunately. Contributions through our
code review system at https://codereview.qt-project.org are always
welcome. See
https://codereview.qt-project.org/q/project:qt-creator%252Felfutils for
older changes, and please add me as a reviewer if you push something.

cheers,
Ulf

* RE: Windows build of libelf (or more)?
@ 2021-05-06  9:54     ` Stephan Tobies
From: Stephan Tobies @ 2021-05-06  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ulf Hermann, Mark Wielaard, elfutils-devel

Thanks for your pointers. We are going to explore the fitness of these libraries for our purposes and maybe will send some pull requests through the channels you have suggested.

Best regards

Stephan