public inbox for elfutils@sourceware.org
From: Mark Wielaard <mark@klomp.org>
To: "Frank Ch. Eigler" <fche@redhat.com>
Cc: elfutils-devel@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: PATCH: Bug debuginfod/29472 followup
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2022 23:20:33 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi Frank,

On Tue, Nov 01, 2022 at 10:23:06AM -0400, Frank Ch. Eigler via Elfutils-devel wrote:
> On the users/fche/try-pr29472 branch, I pushed a followup to Ryan's
> PR29472 draft from a bunch of weeks ago.  It's missing some
> ChangeLog's but appears otherwise complete.  It's structured as Ryan's
> original patch plus my followup that changes things around, so as to
> preserve both contributions in the history.  I paste the overall diff
> here.
>
> There will be some minor merge conflicts between this and amerey's
> section-extraction extensions that are also aiming for this release.
> I'll be glad to deconflict whichever way.

The section extraction extension was just pushed. But the testcase
fails on some systems, which needs investigation.

This is a fairly big patch which introduces even more new
functionality, are you sure you want to target the 0.188 release of
tomorrow?

Are you sure the interface is correct? Is the sqlite "glob" pattern
standardized? Can it be provided if the underlying server database
isn't sqlite?

I haven't read the whole diff yet. There are several refactorings
which would be nice to see a separate patch.

Why does debuginfod-client.c use json-c? Can't the server sent the
json object as a normal char string? Why does the string from the
server need to be interpreted as a json object and then turned into a
string again?

Cheers,

Mark