public inbox for fortran@gcc.gnu.org
* Requesting Inputs : Anonymous Survey for Developer Tools
       [not found] <1318093455.2605495.1622602931289.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2021-06-02  3:02 ` Dev Survey
From: Dev Survey @ 2021-06-02  3:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fortran

Dear All,
I have attached a survey form so that I can better understand what kind of tools developers like to have to facilitate their workflows on a day to day basis.
No login required or identifiable information collection and is a completely anonymous survey, and takes no more than 5-10 minutes.
 Developer Tools Survey

To confirm this is not spam, please check via : https://www.phishtank.com/
Shortened URL : https://forms.gle/vTrFNUhfFcqznSRr9
Full URL : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSePzAwRUsem1wunWWtXr_FoX2viruIfoyb744zGufX5jBxH8A/viewform?usp=sf_link
Thanks,Fellow Developer

* Re: Requesting Inputs : Anonymous Survey for Developer Tools
@ 2021-06-02 13:06   ` Paul Koning
From: Paul Koning @ 2021-06-02 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dev Survey via Fortran

That sure looks like a phishing attack.  The .gle link is a major red flag.  I'm not going there and I would recommend everyone else avoid it too.

	paul

@ 2021-06-02 13:13     ` Arjen Markus
From: Arjen Markus @ 2021-06-02 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Koning; +Cc: Dev Survey via Fortran

I am not sure that your diagnosis is correct: the survey was announcement
by Stack Overflow. See https:// stackoverflow.blog/ 2021/ 05/
25/the-2021-developer-survey-is-now-open/
?utm_source=Iterable&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=the_overflow_newsletter
(to avoid an embedded link just in case, I have added spaces after the
slashes)

@ 2021-06-02 13:19       ` Paul Koning
From: Paul Koning @ 2021-06-02 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arjen Markus; +Cc: Dev Survey via Fortran

Maybe so.  If people don't want to have their mail mistaken for phishing attacks they should avoid writing it to look like one.  Things like "to confirm this is not spam" are utterly meaningless.  A "forms.gle" URL I have only seen in fraudulent emails; ditto google/forms URLs.  And in particular, a message signed "Fellow Developer" is not one I'm ever going to believe.

	paul