public inbox for fortran@gcc.gnu.org
* program errors with GNU Fortran
@ 2023-06-16 19:18 Michael Schneider
From: Michael Schneider @ 2023-06-16 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fortran

Hello,

I'm looking for a forum that can provide answers to questions arising with GNU Fortran.  Is this the right place?

Mike Schneider

* Re: program errors with GNU Fortran
@ 2023-06-16 21:49 ` Steve Kargl
From: Steve Kargl @ 2023-06-16 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Schneider via Fortran

On Fri, Jun 16, 2023 at 07:18:54PM +0000, Michael Schneider via Fortran wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for a forum that can provide answers to
> questions arising with GNU Fortran.  Is this the right place?

fortran@gcc is normally used for discussion about the
development of the gfortran compiler.  However, if a
users has hit a bug within gfortran (a so-called
internal compiler error), one is encouraged to report
it either here or in bugzilla.  If your questions are
somewhat generic Fortran question, and you just happen
to use gfortran as your compiler, then those questions
should be addressed to the comp.lang.fortran USENET
newsgroup or stackoverflow.

--
Steve

* Re: program errors with GNU Fortran
@ 2023-06-17 23:19 ` Jerry D
From: Jerry D @ 2023-06-17 23:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Schneider; +Cc: gfortran

On 6/16/23 12:18 PM, Michael Schneider via Fortran wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for a forum that can provide answers to questions arising with GNU Fortran.  Is this the right place?
>
> Mike Schneider

We have a Mattermost instance I can invite you to for general
discussions and other topics. I can send you an invitation if you would
like.

Send me a note with a little about yourself.

Regards,

Jerry