public inbox for fortran@gcc.gnu.org
* error of library
@ 2021-01-01 18:04 gaurav lathiya
From: gaurav lathiya @ 2021-01-01 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fortran

Hello! I am Guarav Lathiya and I am a student of simulation. I have
installed the GCC compiler on my MacBook, but while I compile the program,
I am facing this error in the terminal:-

ld: library not found for -lSystem

Now, I need your help. Please suggest me a solution.

Thanks!

* Re: error of library
@ 2021-01-01 19:30 ` Iain Sandoe
From: Iain Sandoe @ 2021-01-01 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gaurav lathiya; +Cc: Fortran List

Hi,

gaurav lathiya via Fortran <fortran@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> Hello! I am Guarav Lathiya and I am a student of simulation. I have
> installed the GCC compiler on my MacBook, but while I compile the program,
> I am facing this error in the terminal:-
>
> ld: library not found for -lSystem

> Now, I need your help. Please suggest me a solution.

There is not enough information in your message to be able to help you.

Where from / how did you obtain the compiler?
If you built it from source what is the version of the source?
If you built it from source, how did you configure it?

What version of macOS do you have?
What version of XCode or the Command Line Tools is installed?

(gfortran works on macOS from 10.4 through 11.1, so we should be able
  to sort this out)

Iain