public inbox for fortran@gcc.gnu.org
* Bug 85836 (F2018) - [meta-bug] Fortran 2018 support
@ 2023-12-03  8:51 Paul Richard Thomas
From: Paul Richard Thomas @ 2023-12-03  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fortran

Dear All,

I have attached a mostly completed version of the Chivers and Sleightholme
F2018 compliance table to the above PR.

For features 1.x to 6.x, I wrote explicit tests, which are also attached to
the PR.

Much of the rest, I was able to fill out by inspection of the gfortran
source or the testsuite. However, everything involving coarrays was either
done by inspection or  has been left blank. My knowledge and understanding
of coarray features is so poor that I would appreciate it if the

I have put a fair amount of work into this since I consider the compliance
tables to be a valuable resource. One of the outcomes of Steve Lionel's
fortran user survey was the repeated complaint that compilers either
claimed support for particular features but didn't or that the support was
partial.

I hope that somebody else can take up the baton and complete the job.

As a reminder, I have posted the corresponding F2008 table under PR39627.

Regards

Paul

* Re: Bug 85836 (F2018) - [meta-bug] Fortran 2018 support
@ 2023-12-03 10:00 ` FX Coudert
From: FX Coudert @ 2023-12-03 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Richard Thomas; +Cc: fortran

Hi Paul,

Thanks for doing that, it is tedious but very useful work for users and developers.
How does the Reid list compare to Chivers & Sleightholme?

Also, because Chivers & Sleightholme have several versions of their list, am I correct in understanding your reference is https://dl.acm.org/doi/10.1145/3432987.3432991 ?

And, do we want to put effort into updating the live version at https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/Fortran2018Status? (and 2008 and others)

Best regards,
FX