public inbox for fortran@gcc.gnu.org
From: Harald Anlauf <anlauf@gmx.de>
To: Tobias Burnus <tobias@codesourcery.com>,
	gcc-patches <gcc-patches@gcc.gnu.org>,
	Jakub Jelinek <jakub@redhat.com>, fortran <fortran@gcc.gnu.org>
Subject: Re: [Patch] OpenMP/Fortran: Permit end-clause on directive
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 22:49:45 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Tobias,

this is not really a review, but:

Am 26.08.22 um 20:21 schrieb Tobias Burnus:
> I did run into some issues related to this; those turned out to be
> unrelated, but I end ended up implementing this feature.
>
> Side remark: 'omp parallel workshare' seems to actually permit 'nowait'
> now, but I guess that's an unintended change due to the
> syntax-representation change. Hence, it is now tracked as Spec Issue
> 3338 and I do not permit it.
>
> OK for mainline?

Regarding testcase nowait-4.f90: it has a part that tests for many
formally correct uses, and a part that tests for many invalid nowait.
Both parts seem to be giving reasonable coverage, so I wonder whether
it would be beneficial to split this one into two subsets.

It makes sense to have fewer but larger testcases in the testsuite,
to keep the time for regtesting at bay, but I'm split here on this
one - and yes, pun intended.

Harald