public inbox for fortran@gcc.gnu.org
From: Paul Richard Thomas <paul.richard.thomas@gmail.com>
To: sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu
Cc: fortran@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: finalization issue
Date: Thu, 4 May 2023 09:09:30 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi Steve,

Nagfor responds to the test case with "Error: pr97122.f90, line 14: Type T
has final subroutines but is not defined in the specification part of a
module"

F2018:
"C787(R753) A final-subroutine-name shall be the name of a module procedure
with exactly one dummy argument."

Since, of necessity, the argument is declared to be of the derived type
with the final binding, the gfortran and nagfor errors are correct IMHO.
ifort compiles it without complaint.

I have marked this as "waiting" pending a contrary interpretation.

Cheers

Paul

--
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough" -
Albert Einstein