public inbox for fortran@gcc.gnu.org
* MatterMost Workspace Features
@ 2023-01-27  2:38 Jerry D
From: Jerry D @ 2023-01-27  2:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gfortran

Built into Mattermost is a feature called Playbooks.

https://docs.mattermost.com/guides/playbooks.html

For those of you who have accepted invitations and have access, I p;an
to create a Playbook to capture our workflow.

Our workflow in my mind obviously included email for patch approvals and
Bugzilla for bug tracking. These in my mind are good tools.

Now as an example of how folks are currently using Mattermost, Paul has
posted preliminary patches for Finalization on that channel and others
have chimed in with test cases. It is a dialog that is efficient and to
the topic. It provides a focused discussion not cluttered by emails
coming in on numerous other topics, that you have to filter out as you
scan emails.

Vincent has linked the gtk-fortran GitHub repository. This allows issues
and such show up for those interested without having to go out to GitHub
and look.

I have a Board setup that I am using to help me keep track of a lot of
Steve's patches hiding around in Bugzilla. Helpful to me, and others can
look to see my progress. Certainly others can use the board and take on
some of those.

I am hoping the Playbook will help new people to understand and follow
our work flow as well.

I will occasionally ask here if anyone would like to join the
MatterMost.  I am not looking for lurkers, I am looking for
contributors, either testing, helping to understand bugs, interpreting
Fortran Standards, and of course contributing patches.

Regards to all,

Jerry

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-01-27  2:38 UTC | newest]