public inbox for frysk@sourceware.org
* Running libunwind tests (--enable-check-libunwind)
@ 2007-10-08  9:16 Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2007-10-08  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: frysk

Hi,

There is a new configure option --enable-check-libunwind that builds the
embedded frysk libunwind testsuite and lets make check run it, but not
for the cross-architecture versions of libunwind that we build (they are
build with different flags so results aren't comparable in that case).
This is handy for doing a sanity check of our copy of libunwind, that
still contains a couple of patches not upstream yet. The results aren't
very great (but neither is the upstream version, we are currently a
little better because we have some additional tests not yet upstream),
see the libunwind/README for the "known to fail" (sigh) tests. They are
still useful for general platform checks since it will catch some cases
where the platform vdso or glibc are missing proper CFI information. So
maybe it makes sense to enable them on the autobuilder/tester just as
reference. Otherwise you would only use this as sanity check when
merging/importing new libunwind versions.

Cheers,

Mark

only message in thread, other threads:[~2007-10-08  9:16 UTC | newest]