public inbox for frysk@sourceware.org
* What does brokenIfUtraceXXX() test for?
@ 2007-07-02 16:06 Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2007-07-02 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: frysk

Hi,

I am seeing two failures on 2.6.21-1.3228.fc7 x86 SMP:

testTerminateKillKILL(frysk.proc.TestTaskTerminateObserver)junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: terminating value expected:<-9> but was:<128>
testTerminatingKillKILL(frysk.proc.TestTaskTerminateObserver)junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: terminating value expected:<-9> but was:<128>

That are guarded by brokenIfUtraceXXX() which has as explanation:

     /**
     * A method that returns true, and prints broken, when the build
     * kernel includes UTRACE.
     */

So, tests guarded by that ever never expected to succeed with utrace
enabled? Or is it more subtle than that? Both bugs referenced through
these guards (#3525 and #3489) are closed already.

Cheers,

Mark

* Re: What does brokenIfUtraceXXX() test for?
@ 2007-07-04 19:19 ` Andrew Cagney
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2007-07-04 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Wielaard; +Cc: frysk

See bug 3639.  Seems fixing it slipped through the cracks, I
fixed/closed the bug.  3489 contains a hidden references 3639 in one of
the comments; I've also made that more obvious.

As for brokenIfUtraceXXX, be careful to not read anything into it.  The
test has an unresolved problem, see BUG XXXXX :-)