public inbox for frysk@sourceware.org
* Retooling static core file tests
@ 2007-07-10 14:38 Phil Muldoon
From: Phil Muldoon @ 2007-07-10 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frysk Hackers

I'm going to be retooling the static corefile tests around two
substantially more complex corefiles. They dynamic tests already
generate a complex corefile. These newer static corefiles are
multi-threaded, use floating point and have several other areas that
allow for better tests, including static corefiles on their native
architecture, and on non-native architectures. I mention this as there
might be some noise around this area for awhile and the tests may change.

Regards

Phil

* Re: Retooling static core file tests
@ 2007-07-10 18:11 ` Phil Muldoon
From: Phil Muldoon @ 2007-07-10 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frysk Hackers

Phil Muldoon wrote:
> I'm going to be retooling the static corefile tests around two
> substantially more complex corefiles. They dynamic tests already
> generate a complex corefile. These newer static corefiles are
> multi-threaded, use floating point and have several other areas that
> allow for better tests, including static corefiles on their native
> architecture, and on non-native architectures. I mention this as there
> might be some noise around this area for awhile and the tests may change.
>
> Regards
>
> Phil
The only test scenario that static seemed to be missing was 64 bit
corefiles on 32 bit platforms. The inverse of that was covered, as well
as the native corefile on native architectures in the static case. In
the dynamic case, the corefile created was native to the architecture.

However in the static case, as test-core in the repository was a very
simple corefile I have decided to rewrite the tests to use test-core-x86
and and test-core-x8664 for all tests. The will require redoing all the
test values for each test. While pedantic, it is pretty simple and
better going down the road.

Regards

Phil