public inbox for frysk@sourceware.org
* Fhpd disassemble command
@ 2007-07-19 14:23 Nurdin Premji
From: Nurdin Premji @ 2007-07-19 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: frysk

The disassemble command has just been added to the fhpd, it currently
disassembles the entire function surrounding the current frame address,
an entire function surrounding a given address, or disassembles between
a range given two addresses.

The next optimization is to have it only disassemble the 5-10 lines
before and after a given address, and to choose what sort of
columns/information to display during the disassemble.

The 5-10 line limit shouldn't be too difficult I'm wondering if there
exists a java.util. LimitedList of some sort that can be restricted to
have 10-20 items and when newer items are added the oldest item is
automatically dropped. (So a limited queue really). Otherwise I'll build
my own. I believe the line command does the same sort of stuff so I'll
look there as well.

So enjoy the disassembler.

* Re: Fhpd disassemble command
@ 2007-07-19 15:07 ` Sami Wagiaalla
From: Sami Wagiaalla @ 2007-07-19 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nurdin Premji; +Cc: frysk

Nurdin Premji wrote:
> The disassemble command has just been added to the fhpd
Good news!.. I will be trying i soon.

* Re: Fhpd disassemble command
@ 2007-07-19 15:11 ` Mike Cvet
From: Mike Cvet @ 2007-07-19 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nurdin Premji; +Cc: frysk

Nurdin Premji wrote:
> The disassemble command has just been added to the fhpd, it currently
> disassembles the entire function surrounding the current frame
> address, an entire function surrounding a given address, or
> disassembles between a range given two addresses.

I'll be using this new functionality from the Disassembler class in the
SourceWindow too.

- Mike