public inbox for frysk@sourceware.org
* frysk ui meeting 2007-07-18 9:30 US east coast time
@ 2007-07-17 18:20 Andrew Cagney
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2007-07-17 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: frysk

(contact me for dial in info, in North America it's a free call)

This week we're going to look at the "display" stuff adam has been
working on.  In particular, what it is and how it can be used :-)

All welcome.

Andrew

* Re: frysk ui meeting 2007-07-18 9:30 US east coast time
@ 2007-07-18  8:40 ` Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2007-07-18  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: frysk

So that is at 13:30 UTC, 15:30 Amsterdam, 06:30 San Francisco

On Tue, 2007-07-17 at 14:21 -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> (contact me for dial in info, in North America it's a free call)
>
> This week we're going to look at the "display" stuff adam has been
> working on.  In particular, what it is and how it can be used :-)

I have setup a vnc server with Fedora 7 and a cvs build from this
morning. If people want anything else on the machine to demo please let
me know (mjw in #frysk on irc.gimp.net).

Cheers,

Mark

* Re: frysk ui meeting 2007-07-18 9:30 US east coast time
@ 2007-07-25 13:27 ` Andrew Cagney
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2007-07-25 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: frysk

Display:

[mark posted the log from the terminal window]

Bugs found; none were display related!

bug#1 break command syntax (existing bug)
Should be <<break #23>> and not <<break @23>>

bug#2 In list command, where am i?
Vis:
(fhpd) list
10  asdf
11 bdf
12 ggh
13 uuh
(fhpd)
which line; (pick this one up this week with the disassembler)

bug#3 mixed output [mcvet]
    (fhpd) go
    Breakpoint at 10 hit
where is the prompt to indicate that the user has control again and
there isn't any more output

bug#4 4747
Panic some times when stepping.

bug#5 Tie the displayed PID to the session's task/proc ID [timoore]

----

Ideas: for display

-- extend to include dynamic display; for instance:
display $pc -format iinstruction

bug#6 deleted breakpoints not deleted
Apparently they only get disabled.

bug#7 no notification when task exits

---

Idea's for location syntax:

-> can it be extended to include column number vis #LINE#COL

-> way to specify an address

----

Round table:

Mark:
-> writing up documentation on ptrace/stepper
-> finishing instruction parser framework
-> memory bug 4761
-> memory access optimization 4760
-> follow up with 4747

Adam:
-> demo of display
-> will be tieing up loos ends

Tim:
-> working on HPD's proc/task syntax (dusting off the cobwebs)

Mike:
-> Looking at parser and source window bugs
-> chasing breakpoint bugs in stepper

Nurdin:
-> implemented better dwfl cache; refreshes instead of re-opens dwfl
after stop
-> disassembler in fhpd

Teresa:
-> utility to display required debug info
-> has script listing debug info to install working

Sami:
-> Fixing problems with displaying variables
-> Finished printing variables on stack
-> back to chasing problems with getting correct scope information from dwfl

Cagney:
-> ongoing cleanups
-> looking for dwfl memory leeks

Kris:
-> looking at documentation
-> looking to modify test system to recover from kernel crashes (more
robust)
-> working through memory window bugs

Phil:
-> makin corefile stuff more robust and rounding it out

Rick:
-> More source window issues with existing parser; bash is especially nasty.

---

Next week: disassembler, fstack? fdebuginfo?