public inbox for frysk@sourceware.org
* git testing repository
@ 2007-10-05 22:15 Tim Moore
From: Tim Moore @ 2007-10-05 22:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: frysk

* Re: git testing repository
@ 2007-10-08  9:39 ` Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2007-10-08  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim Moore; +Cc: frysk

Hi Tim,

On Sat, 2007-10-06 at 00:15 +0200, Tim Moore wrote:
> http://sourceware.org/git/?p=frysk.git;a=summary is a git repository that will turn
> into the offical repo in about a week. I'm keeping it synched with CVS manually for
> now. Everyone who has write access to the Frysk CVS repository should also have
> write access to the git repository. Before Wednesday's meeting you should check
> that you are able to clone the repository with the command
> git clone ssh://sources.redhat.com/git/frysk.git

The cloning works fine it seems. nice.

Is there a guide for git? If we would like to switch to this instead the
current repository how would you do the common things like the workflow
Sami describes for working on frysk: http://sami.picobot.org/?p=30
And is there a guide on how to track external sources like we currently
have on http://www.sourceware.org/frysk/build/ about how to handle
frysk-imports?

Thanks,

Mark