public inbox for frysk@sourceware.org
* TaskState handleTrappedEvent
@ 2007-10-24 15:10 Phil Muldoon
From: Phil Muldoon @ 2007-10-24 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frysk Hackers

I noticed that this state is getting a little more crowded and will be
even more crowded soon with watchpoints. Before I add my own patches
here, some questions:

1) Is there an important order precedence here? Must it handle single
step over breakpoints over watchpoints in any particular order? I can't
think of why the order matters.

2) I'm a little fuzzy on if there were will be an opportunity for
multiple events to happen on a single sigtrap (ie breakpoint and
watchpoint). I cannot think of any  right now other than single step
writing something to a memory address that the watchpoint is monitoring,
but that should be caught on as another later sigtrap. Are there
opportunities for multiple events? If so, are there any precedence issues?

Regards

Phil