public inbox for frysk@sourceware.org
From: Phil Muldoon <pmuldoon@redhat.com>
To: Andrew Cagney <cagney@redhat.com>
Cc: frysk@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: [SCM]  master: Add frysk.rsl loggin.
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 10:18:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Andrew Cagney wrote:
> Phil,
>
> There's a less leaky way to write this (if a specific sequence is
> missing in Log, just add it).

Ok on the adding part, this will not work. Will add later:

          finest.log(this,
             "peek'ed() 0x", ((long) (buffer[0] & 0xff)),
             " from address 0x", address,
             " offset 0x",  offset,
             " from file: " , metaLine.name);

gets:

gcj -C -fsource=1.4 -d classes -g -O -g -classpath
../../frysk/frysk-core:.:../frysk-sys/frysk-sys.jar:../frysk-imports/jline.jar:../frysk-imports/antlr.jar:../frysk-imports/junit.jar:../frysk-imports/getopt.jar:../frysk-imports/jdom.jar:../frysk-imports/cdtparser.jar
-Wextraneous-semicolon \
                @./files-java.list \
                2>&1 | tee frysk-core.log
../../frysk/frysk-core/frysk/proc/dead/CorefileByteBuffer.java:128:
error: The method log(Object, String, Object, String, long, String,
long, String, int, String) in the type Log is not applicable for the
arguments (CorefileByteBuffer, String, long, String, long, String, long,
String, String)
        finest.log(this,

But what I really want is a hex string, converted by long. I do not want
to convert every single peek() call from decimal to hex in my head. I
guess I could do, Object, String, String, String, String  ...  and
convert each Long in the log call, but the end log result would be just
as messy as concating strings together.

Or a format switch? Or something else?

Regards

Phil