public inbox for frysk@sourceware.org
From: Rick Moseley <rmoseley@redhat.com>
To: frysk@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: Specifying a debuginfo path independently of sysroot
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 21:14:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hi Ray,

I was trying to think of a good/simple/easy way to do this.  I wonder if
we could set some sort of shell variable similar to "LD_LIBRARY_PATH",
maybe "FRYSK_DEBUGINFO_PATH" that we could interrogate and if there is a
path there use it first to search for the debuginfo and failing that
then look in the usual places.

Another probably idea is to have a file either in ~/.frysk or just in ~
called something like .fryskdebuginfopath that has a line with the
initial paths to search.  If that file exists, search those first and
the usual places last.  Would make it better than having to override
with a commandline command every time.

Just a couple of thoughts.

Rick