public inbox for gas2@sourceware.org
* release time
@ 1994-05-02 13:19 Ken Raeburn
From: Ken Raeburn @ 1994-05-02 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gas2; +Cc: tege, law, gas-local

Because of Cygnus' schedule, it would be very convenient for me to make a
net release in a week or so.  And it's been more than long enough since
the last one; several new features have been added that should be made
available.

I think the snapshot mechanism is going to work tonight, but I'm running
it now myself just to make sure.  So there ought to be a snapshot there
later this afternoon or evening.  (The tar file is prepared for
installation, and diffs are being generated as I type this.)  It's still
going to be missing some big stuff: the file renaming DJ pointed out was
needed, and some MIPS patches from Ralph.  Those will go in this week.
There's some smaller stuff too; I'll go back over my mail.

Please try out the snapshots and let me know of any other serious
problems.

If you know of significant changes made to any of the programs since the
last release that aren't documented in the appropriate NEWS files,
especially if you made the change yourself, please add a note about it, or
send something to me for inclusion.

If you can debug some problems on VMS, please let me know.  I'm told that
sometimes the first useful symbol in a file gets confused with
"gcc_compiled." by the debugger; I'm not sure what's needed to fix this.

Ken

only message in thread, other threads:[~1994-05-02 13:19 UTC | newest]