public inbox for gas2@sourceware.org
* SPARC SVR4
@ 1996-07-22 10:54 Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 1996-07-22 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gas2, bfd

I have received a report that there is a SPARC SVR4 system on which
the native linker does not support the -R option.  Does anybody on
this list have access to such a system, so that they can check whether
this is true for all SPARC SVR4 systems?

This matters because when using --enable-shared to shared library
build stuff tries to use the -R option to set tell the binary where to
find the installed shared library.  On some SVR4 systems this option
is known as -rpath.

The system for which I received the report is a Fujitsu DRS/6000.

Ian

* Re: SPARC SVR4
       [not found] <9607221307.aa02092@rjlhome.arnet.com>
@ 1996-07-22 11:29 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 1996-07-22 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: robertl; +Cc: bfd, gas2

   Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 13:07:42 -0500 (CDT)
   From: Robert Lipe <robertl@arnet.com>

   I just checked Sparc Solaris 2.3, 2.4, and 2.5.   ld accepts a -R
   in all of them.

   You probably have access to all these, but just in case there was
   any question about the versions...

Sorry, I should have made clear that I am interested in vanilla SVR4,
not Solaris.  I know that the Solaris linker accepts the -R option.

Ian