public inbox for gas2@sourceware.org
* config/mh-linux missing in  gas-970127.tar.gz
@ 1997-01-28 12:30 Joel Sherrill <joel@merlin.gcs.redstone.army.mil>
From: Joel Sherrill <joel@merlin.gcs.redstone.army.mil> @ 1997-01-28 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gas2

I am doing a one tree build of ppc-rtems on an i486-linux host and
switched from binutils 2.7 to gas-970127 and while configuring it
complained about config/mh-linux which was present in 2.7 but is not
in the latest snapshots.

I copied the one from 2.7 into the snapshot and it appears to be
building fine now.

--joel

Joel Sherrill                    Sr. Computer Scientist
   Support Available             (205) 722-9985

* Re: config/mh-linux missing in  gas-970127.tar.gz
@ 1997-01-28 12:40 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 1997-01-28 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joel; +Cc: gas2

   Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 14:26:20 -0600 (CST)
   From: "Joel Sherrill <joel@merlin.gcs.redstone.army.mil>" <joel@merlin.gcs.redstone.army.mil>

   I am doing a one tree build of ppc-rtems on an i486-linux host and
   switched from binutils 2.7 to gas-970127 and while configuring it
   complained about config/mh-linux which was present in 2.7 but is not
   in the latest snapshots.

   I copied the one from 2.7 into the snapshot and it appears to be
   building fine now.

I don't think there is a bug here.  The file mh-linux was
intentionally removed, since it was useless.

I am guessing that you are using the same object directory, and
updated the sources, and didn't rerun configure, and got an error from
Makefile telling you that mh-linux could not be found.  The fix is to
run ./config.status by hand.  This will generate the correct Makefile
with the correct dependencies.

Although updating the sources with the same object directory will
normally work, you can't assume that it will always work.  Sometimes
you must explicitly reconfigure.

Ian