public inbox for gas2@sourceware.org
* Only I use gas under x86?
@ 1995-04-15 10:30 H.J. Lu
From: H.J. Lu @ 1995-04-15 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gas2; +Cc: Ken Raeburn

Hi,

After installing the new gas, my old programs assembled by the new gas
failed to work. I spent a whole night tracking it down. It turned out
the new x86 gas was broken due to a typo. Please tak a second look at
diffs-950411.gz and pay attenyion to ./gas/config/tc-i386.h. BTW,
there was no ChangeLog entry for the typo.

No, I won't provide a diff nor point out the typo. It is a very dumb
typo.

I have a feeling that not many people test the x86 gas a lot.

--
H.J. Lu
NYNEX Science and Technology, Inc.			hjl@nynexst.com