public inbox for gas2@sourceware.org
* gas for m68k elf
@ 1995-05-24 19:52 Ken Raeburn
From: Ken Raeburn @ 1995-05-24 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gas2, gcc2

Is anyone willing and able to do some testing (and maybe a little
debugging) for a 68k-elf configuration for gas?  I need someone with
access to a 68k-elf system that isn't using GNU tools as the native
tools, for comparison.

Ken

* Re: gas for m68k elf
@ 1995-05-25 11:54 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 1995-05-25 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: raeburn; +Cc: gas2

What is the progress on fixing the GAS bug that is blocking
the shared libraries for the Hurd?

I hope you are working on that, and not solely on the 68k-elf
configuration.  That is useful but not urgently necessary.

* Re: gas for m68k elf
@ 1995-05-25 14:14   ` Ken Raeburn
From: Ken Raeburn @ 1995-05-25 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rms; +Cc: gas2

   From: Richard Stallman <rms@labri.u-bordeaux.fr>
   Date: Thu, 25 May 95 17:37:00 +0200

   What is the progress on fixing the GAS bug that is blocking
   the shared libraries for the Hurd?

I described the bug in Roland's assembly code, and how it could be
determined from the symptoms, in mail I sent yesterday afternoon.  I
checked in a change to detect that specific case and warn about it
last night, a couple of hours before I sent this mail.

   I hope you are working on that, and not solely on the 68k-elf
   configuration.  That is useful but not urgently necessary.

Perhaps not to the FSF, but it is to Cygnus.

In fact, the m68k-elf work has been done for a while, but I've had a
bug report on it from someone on the net, who looked over the code,
but doesn't have access to a machine to try it on either.  Instead,
I've been working on some MIPS code I was supposed to ship to a
customer some time ago.

* Re: gas for m68k elf
@ 1995-05-25 15:16     ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 1995-05-25 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: raeburn; +Cc: gas2

    I described the bug in Roland's assembly code, and how it could be
    determined from the symptoms, in mail I sent yesterday afternoon.

Good.

I hadn't yet heard that this was solved.