* Possible errors in build/installation?
@ 2002-07-29  8:00 Michael Wendell
From: Michael Wendell @ 2002-07-29  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GCC help list

Hello,
	I have been struggling to get a clean install of GCC back and
running on my system with not much success and I am hoping someone can
point out my error.  I read all the FAQs, installation help, etc but am
still unable to get a working version.  I am using gcc-3.0.3 with Kernel
version 2.4.18 on RedHat 7.2.
	I did srcdir/configure with
--enable-version-specific-runtime-libs. I _did_ build in a separate
directory other than the source directory.  I let the libs be installed
in the default /usr/local/lib and even pointed my code to those
libraries...However I am still getting link errors pertaining to the
iostream/strstream operators << >> with multiple undefined references.
-lc does not find sleep either.
	If someone could give me some tips on how I can properly obtain
working libraries for my new compiler, it would be greatly appreciated.
I am sure there must be something I have missed or done incorrectly in
my build/install process, even though I followed the instructions as
they are documented.  Again any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Mike

Michael J. Wendell
Binghamton Simulator Company
151 Court Street
Binghamton, NY 13901
607-722-6178 x369
mwendell@bsc.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-07-29 15:00 UTC | newest]