* Build fails on Cygwin host
@ 2000-12-22  3:18 Les Newell
From: Les Newell @ 2000-12-22  3:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,
I am trying to build GCC 2.95.2 for a h8300hms target on a Cygwin host.
However, it always fails in the same place. Below is a screenshot taken
after the build failed. Can anyone help?

Les

PS I am using binutils 2.10.1 if that is of any use

/home/gw/gcc-h8/gcc/xgcc -B/home/gw/gcc-h8/gcc/ -B/h8300hms/h8300hms/bin/ -I
/h83
00hms/h8300hms/include -DCROSS_COMPILE -DIN_GCC     -g -O2 -I./include     -
c ..
/../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/libgcc1-test.c
../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/libgcc1-test.c:101: warning: conflicting types for
built-in
 function `memcpy'
Testing libgcc1.  Ignore linker warning messages.
/home/gw/gcc-h8/gcc/xgcc -B/home/gw/gcc-h8/gcc/ -B/h8300hms/h8300hms/bin/ -I
/h83
00hms/h8300hms/include -DCROSS_COMPILE -DIN_GCC     -g -O2 -I./include
libgcc1-
test.o -o libgcc1-test \
  -nostartfiles -nostdlib
`/home/gw/gcc-h8/gcc/xgcc -B/home/gw/gcc-h8/gcc/ -B/h8
300hms/h8300hms/bin/ -I/h8300hms/h8300hms/include --print-libgcc-file-name`
gcc -DCROSS_COMPILE -DIN_GCC     -g -O2  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -o g++.exe \
  gcc.o g++spec.o intl.o prefix.o version.o   obstack.o       -ladvapi32
../libi
berty/libiberty.a
rm -f g++-cross.exe
cp g++.exe g++-cross.exe
/home/gw/gcc-h8/texinfo/makeinfo/makeinfo   -I../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc -o
cpp.info .
./../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/cpp.texi
../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/cpp.texi: error 0
make[1]: *** [cpp.info] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/gw/gcc-h8/gcc'
make: *** [all-gcc] Error 2

* Re: Build fails on Cygwin host
@ 2000-12-27 15:23 ` Les Newell
From: Les Newell @ 2000-12-27 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi Dave,
Thanks for your help. I used touch and ran make again. After several hours
churning I ended up with a bunch of promising looking .exe's. However when I
try to compile a simple program from within bash the hard drive thrashes for
ages and nothing else seems to happen. After giving it the three finger
salute and looking at task manager there appear to be 100+ copies of cpp
running! It looks like cpp is calling itself.
After rebooting the computer I tried from a Dos box with the path set to
\cygwin\h8300hms\bin;\cygwin\bin. When I run h83000hms-gcc main.c I get the
following message:
cpp: installation problem, cannot exec `cpp': No such file or directory
I know there is a copy of cpp.exe in both directories. My head hurts - help!

Les

BTW several times during the build sed and SH locked up and I had to shut
down the bash shell and rerun make. Is this a known problem? I am running
Win98 iss.2

@ 2000-12-27  3:08 David Korn
From: David Korn @ 2000-12-27  3:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

--
The Boulder Pledge: "Under no circumstances will I ever purchase anything
offered to me as the result of an unsolicited email message. Nor will I

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com