* What is the latest glibc that 2.95.2 can be compiled with?
@ 2001-01-18  4:21 Roland Schwarz
From: Roland Schwarz @ 2001-01-18  4:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help GCC

Hi everyone,

After struggeling araound for a while, I learned that the newest glibc 2.2
cannot be used with gcc 2.95.2 due
to an incompatibility in indsteam, filepos, streampos.

In the respective lists I have not been able to find a library - gcc 2.95.2
pair that can be compiled together.

Can anyone give me a hint on this?

Thanks
Roland

* Re: What is the latest glibc that 2.95.2 can be compiled with?
@ 2001-01-18  4:25 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2001-01-18  4:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roland Schwarz; +Cc: Help GCC

On Jan 18, 2001, "Roland Schwarz" <roland.schwarz@chello.at> wrote:

> After struggeling araound for a while, I learned that the newest glibc 2.2
> cannot be used with gcc 2.95.2 due
> to an incompatibility in indsteam, filepos, streampos.

There are patches in the GCC platform-specific installation notes that
correct this compatibility issue.

* Re: What is the latest glibc that 2.95.2 can be compiled with?
@ 2001-01-18  5:47   ` Roland Schwarz
From: Roland Schwarz @ 2001-01-18  5:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help GCC

Alexandre,

thank you for your patience, it compiles now.