* disable generation of .cold functions
@ 2020-11-05 17:15 Kit Chow
From: Kit Chow @ 2020-11-05 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello,

Is there a gcc option to disable the generation of .cold functions?    I
can't find anything explicit in the driver source/Makefile to create
.cold functions.

I am running into problems with an older version of gdb not handling
.cold functions correctly.

Thanks

Kit

* Re: disable generation of .cold functions
@ 2020-11-05 17:37 ` Florian Weimer
From: Florian Weimer @ 2020-11-05 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kit Chow; +Cc: gcc-help

* Kit Chow:

> Is there a gcc option to disable the generation of .cold functions?
> I can't find anything explicit in the driver source/Makefile to create
> .cold functions.

You could try -fno-reorder-blocks-and-partition.  I just found the
option in the documentation, so I don't know if it really works for this
specific case, sorry.

Florian
--
Red Hat GmbH, https://de.redhat.com/ , Registered seat: Grasbrunn,
Managing Directors: Charles Cachera, Brian Klemm, Laurie Krebs, Michael O'Neill

* Re: disable generation of .cold functions
@ 2020-11-05 18:41   ` Kit Chow
From: Kit Chow @ 2020-11-05 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Florian Weimer; +Cc: gcc-help

Hi Florian,