* inquiry
@ 2004-08-09  4:03 Bilha Sandak
From: Bilha Sandak @ 2004-08-09  4:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Dear All,
I wish to install a stable running version of gcc (Fortran,c,c++)
on a PC/Linux machine (Intel Pentium-4 2.8GHz with 2GB memory
and 200GB disk-space).
I will be much obliged to you for instructing me on the
fastest, safest and self-contained way of doing so.
I thank you.
Sincerely,
Dr. B. Sandak

* Re: inquiry
@ 2004-08-09 13:02 ` Eljay Love-Jensen
From: Eljay Love-Jensen @ 2004-08-09 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bilha Sandak, gcc-help

Hi Bilha,

The fastest, safest, and self-contained way of installing GCC on your
PC/Linux machine is when you install Linux from your distribution, make sure
you select "ALL" packages.  That will install the GCC (and all its related
components) that the distribution expects.

If you've already installed Linux and need to install GCC after-the-fact,
I'm not sure what the procedure is to install packages that were not
installed at set-up time.

HTH,
--Eljay

* Inquiry
@ 2020-02-17  8:39 Catharina Strahlman
From: Catharina Strahlman @ 2020-02-17  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Greetings,

I am wondering if you got a chance to review my previous email regarding
the above subject.

Please let me know if you have any questions for me.

Regards,

Catharina