* Using gcc of Tornado IDE outside the environment
@ 2000-02-25  5:18 venkatesan.r
From: venkatesan.r @ 2000-02-25  5:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'help-gcc@prep.ai.mit.edu'

Hi

I am trying to use the GNU gcc (ver 2.7.2) compiler (that came along with the Tornado IDE 2.0 ) in  command prompt, for compiling a cpp program.

I tried compiling, a simple cpp program  (without any dependencies).

For this I wrote a simple "makefile" as follows

*************
       main.o : main.cpp  #  main.cpp is my program file
       cc386 -c main.cpp
**************

But when I executed the "make" at command line as

       >make -f makefile

I got an error statement as

       gcc: program 'cpp' not found
       abnormal program termination.

I set the system environment path variable and even placed the "cpp" program in the same 'bin' dir as the
"make" of GNU is present.

Can anyone please tell me what could be the reason that is preventing the "make"  from recognising the cpp program  when compiled through command line?

Can gcc compiler of Tornado be used as an external compiler?

Note :

Even if I try calling cc386 compiler straightaway in the command prompt without using the make utility, the  same problem continues.
But I am able to successfully compile the same cpp program in Tornado IDE using the same compiler.

Thanks and Regards

Venkatesan

* Using gcc of Tornado IDE outside the environment
@ 2000-04-01  0:00 ` venkatesan.r
From: venkatesan.r @ 2000-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'help-gcc@prep.ai.mit.edu'