* Problems with gcc-3.0.4 and up
@ 2003-08-29 13:02 Gustavo A. Carri
From: Gustavo A. Carri @ 2003-08-29 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

	Hello, I need some help. I am trying to install gcc on an alpha
running Linux 7.2 from RedHat-HP. I have tried 3.3 all the way to 3.0.4.
When I used the installed compilers to install other programs from
source like Lyx I get the following warning

warning: identifier name `<something here>' conflicts with GNU C++
internal naming strategy

I get lots of these warnings and, at the end, the compilation of the
other program fails. I have seen on the web that this is related to the
compiler and not the programs I am trying to compile. So, how do I fix
this ?. Thanks.

			Gus

PS. Currently I have installed gcc 2.96 and 3.0.4. None work. I have
also tried 3.2.something. Same warnings.

Gustavo A. Carri, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Polymer Science
Address: Department of Polymer Science
              Goodyear Polymer Center