* Empty function/Infinite loop
@ 2004-04-19 23:00 John Gonzaga
From: John Gonzaga @ 2004-04-19 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I'm trying to reduce code size by compiling my project for THUMB mode.
Right now I debugging why my code is crashing when compiled for thumb
then I saw this:

000002a0 <_ZN3App7ControlEv>:

void App::Control()
{
}
      2a0:	4770      	bx	lr

further in the dump is this:

0000f9d8 <_ZThn16_N3App7ControlEv>:
     f9d8:	3810      	sub	r0, #16
     f9da:	e7fe      	b	f9da <_ZThn16_N3App7ControlEv+0x2>

When I call App::Control(), code is actually jumping to address
0000f9d8 which then locks up my app (address f9da is a jump to itself).
The function I'm calling is empty. I would appreciate if somebody can
explain this. Thanks.

-John G-
binutils 2.11.2
newlib 1.10.0
gcc 3.3.2

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-04-19 23:00 UTC | newest]