* linking db2 libraries
@ 2004-09-16  9:57 Betu, Satyanarayana
From: Betu, Satyanarayana @ 2004-09-16  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello Sir,

We are using gcc 3.4.1 on out development machine and gcc 2.95.3 on our QA machine.I have made an exe on our development machine using the foll cmd.

LINK=g++ -shared -fPIC
LNFLAGS=-o

$(TARGETDIR)/FastDeblob: $(OBJS)
	$(LINK) -L$(DB2PATH)/lib -ldb2 -ldb2apie $(LNFLAGS) $(TARGETDIR)/FastDeblob $(OBJS)

when we moved the same exe on our QA, its giving an error libstdc++.so not found.we have just copied libstdc++.so from dev to QA machine and now its says undefined symbol __eprintf. Can u pls help me?

Thanks & Regards
Satya
VISA - VDPS Development
IT Division
Basingstoke
LONDON
+44 1256 89 1541 (O)

* Re: linking db2 libraries
@ 2004-09-16 10:30 ` Reuti
From: Reuti @ 2004-09-16 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Betu, Satyanarayana; +Cc: gcc-help

Hi again,

please try to link it static!

> We are using gcc 3.4.1 on out development machine and gcc 2.95.3 on our QA
> machine.I have made an exe on our development machine using the foll cmd.
>
> LINK=g++ -shared -fPIC
> LNFLAGS=-o

LINK=g++ -static
LNFLAGS=-o

the -shared -fPIC are most useful, if you specify -c to build an object file.

Cheers - Reuti