* gcc-3.0.3 on HPUX-11.00 and 11.11
@ 2002-01-08 10:12 hemarko
From: hemarko @ 2002-01-08 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Is gcc working in 64 bit mode yet for the hpux platform?  If it is what
special options in the build configuration need to be set.  What options
in the compile command line need to be set?

I cannot subscribe to this list so please e-mail me directly.

--

Said the fox to the fish, "Join me ashore."
The fish are the Jews, Torah is our water.

Hillel (Sabba) Markowitz - sabbahem@bcpl.net

* Re: gcc-3.0.3 on HPUX-11.00 and 11.11
@ 2002-01-08 12:18 ` law
From: law @ 2002-01-08 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sabbahem; +Cc: gcc-help

  > Is gcc working in 64 bit mode yet for the hpux platform?  If it is what
  > special options in the build configuration need to be set.  What options
  > in the compile command line need to be set?
The PA64 code is somewhat fragile -- mostly because it doesn't get built
often.

To build a PA64 compiler, you must use an existing PA64 GCC, which adds
additional barriers to folks using the PA64 code generator.

jeff

* Re: gcc-3.0.3 on HPUX-11.00 and 11.11
@ 2002-01-10  9:03 ` law
From: law @ 2002-01-10  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hillel (Sabba) Markowitz; +Cc: gcc-help

  > The problem is that I do not have a current PA64 gcc.  I have the gcc that
  > builds normally (which defaults to hppa-1.1 but allows 32 bit 2.0) and the
  > vendor compiler which allows +DA2.0W
You're basically hosed.

While it is possible to build a PA32-x-PA64 cross compiler, it is
exceeding difficult.  The problems you noted below are various symptoms
of the problems building PA32-x-PA64 cross compilers.

jeff

* RE: gcc-3.0.3 on HPUX-11.00 and 11.11
@ 2002-01-10  8:02 Hillel (Sabba) Markowitz
From: Hillel (Sabba) Markowitz @ 2002-01-10  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: law; +Cc: gcc-help

>===== Original Message From law@redhat.com =====
>  > Is gcc working in 64 bit mode yet for the hpux platform?  If it is what
>  > special options in the build configuration need to be set.  What options
>  > in the compile command line need to be set?
>The PA64 code is somewhat fragile -- mostly because it doesn't get built
>often.
>
>To build a PA64 compiler, you must use an existing PA64 GCC, which adds
>additional barriers to folks using the PA64 code generator.
>
>jeff

The problem is that I do not have a current PA64 gcc.  I have the gcc that
builds normally (which defaults to hppa-1.1 but allows 32 bit 2.0) and the
vendor compiler which allows +DA2.0W

When I specified CC=cc (and CC=gcc) and --host=hppa64-hp-hpux11.00 I got the
following error

./xgcc -B. -B/usr/local/GCC-3.0/hppa64-hp-hpux11.00/bin/ -isystem
/usr/local/GCC-3.0/hppa64-hp-hpux11.00/include -isystem
/usr/local/GCC-3.0/hppa64-hp/hpux11.00/sys-include -S tmp-dum.c
cc1: Internal compiler error in ?, at stor-layout.c:1678
Please submit a full bug report.

When I tried to build a bootstrap with CC="cc +DA2.0W" the initial build
failed with a memory fault in the initial "./gencodes" which had been built
with $CC

Please send an answer directly to me as well as the mailing list as I can
usually not read the mailing list.