* Re: bootstrapping gcc-3.2.2 under aix-5.1L
       [not found] ` <OF0A03B11B.D3489754-ONC1256CF3.00585721-C1256CF3.00590AA1@ch.ibm.com>
@ 2003-03-24 16:50   ` John Ruttenberg
From: John Ruttenberg @ 2003-03-24 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Bagehorn; +Cc: gcc-help

I think there are two separate problems that I'm having.  One problem is due
to the fact that I'm on aix-5.2L, and not 5.1 or earlier.  The assembler is
more fascist about the -mcom flag and rejects some of the inputs from gcc.
The 17-Mar-03 3.3 snapshot has an aix5.3 header file and it no longer uses
this option for the assembler (it uses -mppc instead).

The second problem stems from the bootstrap compiler (I think).  There is a
bug reported in the gcc bug data base #9382  This bug is about a month old and
there have been no additions.  I encoutered this problem when I tried to boot
from a gcc-3.2.1 that I grabbed from the UCLA site and also with an ancient
2.9 compiler that I got from IBMs site.  I do not encounter this problem with
    a 2.95.3 compiler that I was able to nurse through a build.

Perhaps this bug really is the result of some uninitialized memory?

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-03-24 16:35 UTC | newest]