* Win32 and symbols left over from linking to GMP 4.2.4
@ 2008-10-09 16:55 bruce.axtens
From: bruce.axtens @ 2008-10-09 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I used the MinGW .a to Windows .lib transformation process as detailed in a
thread on the gmp-discuss list, as below (acting against a library created
with --disable-shared --enable-static.)

cp libgmp.a gmp.a
ranlib gmp.a
mv gmp.a gmp.lib

I now have a .lib file against which VC++6 seems to have no difficulty
linking. What concerns me now is warning messages I'm getting from the link
phase:

LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol "___mb_cur_max" imported
LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol "__pctype" imported
LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol "__iob" imported

At this point in the proceedings these make no difference to the running of
my DLL (which wraps certain GMP functionality). But is that good enough?
Will having these three symbols from libgmp.a linked in to my Windows DLL
end up biting me later on?

Kind regards,
Bruce.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2008-10-09 16:55 UTC | newest]