* no debugging symbols
@ 1999-12-09  2:30 Alexander Fun
From: Alexander Fun @ 1999-12-09  2:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

Hi experts,
I must be doing something very stupid. I'm getting no debugging symbols into
my prg (at least gdb says so). What I'm doing is:

gcc pimain.cc -g3 -o debugme
gdb debugme

-> no debugging symbols found

thanks
Alex

------------
pimain.cc:

int main ()
{
    int answer;

    answer = 42;

    return answer;

* Re: no debugging symbols
@ 1999-12-12 17:35 ` Boris
From: Boris @ 1999-12-12 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

Alexander Fun <alexander_fun@gmx.de> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
82o07g$cek$1@news.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de...
> Hi experts,
> I must be doing something very stupid. I'm getting no debugging symbols
into
> my prg (at least gdb says so). What I'm doing is:
>
> gcc pimain.cc -g3 -o debugme
> gdb debugme

Don't know what -g3 does but try using -ggdb.

Boris

* Re: no debugging symbols
@ 1999-12-15  1:19   ` Alexander Fun
From: Alexander Fun @ 1999-12-15  1:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

Boris wrote:

>Don't know what -g3 does but try using -ggdb.

funny:

gcc pimain.cc -ggdb -o debugme
gdb debugme

-> no debugging symbols found