* System header file path for make wrong??
@ 1999-12-09 13:32 ergeorge1
From: ergeorge1 @ 1999-12-09 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

Hi,
My Redhat 6.0 box initally came with egcs-2.91.66
I upgraded to gcc-2.95.1 soon after the initial install and everything
had been working fine until now.

I'm working on a port from an SGI platform.  When I run a depend on the
original makefiles it can't find the system header files.  Looking at
the output, I see that it is looking for them in:

/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/egcs-2.91.66/include

which no longer exists.  The directory:

/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-mandrake-linux/2.95.1/include

exists (I used the Mandrake RPM when I upgraded) and is apparently used
otherwise.

Why is make depend looking for this old directory?  I searched the whole
file system for symbolic links to this directory and didn't find
anything.  Since the make file came from an SGI I am certain that there
is nothing in there specifying a path that includes "redhat-linux"

Any ideas?
Thanks
Eric

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* Re: System header file path for make wrong??
@ 1999-12-12  8:16 ` Tom Barron
From: Tom Barron @ 1999-12-12  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

Have you looked in the original makefile for -I options pointing at the
old directory?  Especially in the command 'depend' invokes?

@ 1999-12-13  7:41   ` ergeorge1
From: ergeorge1 @ 1999-12-13  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

In article < 3853CA0E.DFDE9966@mindspring.com >,
  Tom Barron <tbarron@mindspring.com> wrote:
> Have you looked in the original makefile for -I options pointing at
the
> old directory?  Especially in the command 'depend' invokes?

Yes, I did.  But that doesn't make sense anyway because the makefile
comes from an SGI machine that does not have the GNU compilers
installed.  And the path that it is searching has the gnu compiler
package name in it.
Thanks though,
Eric

@ 1999-12-31 22:24     ` ergeorge1