* binutils for h8300 target
@ 1999-12-26  7:50 andreas dittrich
From: andreas dittrich @ 1999-12-26  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

Hi

While trying to build binutils 2.9.1 for h8300-hms target on Cygwin
B20.1 host I get a number of headerfiles reported missing. They are all
concerned with compiling of srconv.c. For some of them (internal.h,
libiberty.h) obviously the include path seems to be wrong, but some
(sysroff.h, sysroff.c) do not exist at all.

Can anybody help?
Andreas

* Re: binutils for h8300 target
@ 1999-12-29  4:26 ` Kai Ruottu
From: Kai Ruottu @ 1999-12-29  4:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

On Sun, 26 Dec 1999 16:47:16 +0100, andreas dittrich
<adittrich@swissonline.ch> wrote:

>While trying to build binutils 2.9.1 for h8300-hms target on Cygwin
>B20.1 host I get a number of headerfiles reported missing. They are all
>concerned with compiling of srconv.c. For some of them (internal.h,
>libiberty.h) obviously the include path seems to be wrong, but some
>(sysroff.h, sysroff.c) do not exist at all.
>
>Can anybody help?

 This problem becomes from the buggy definition of :

   SRCONV_PROG = srconv coffdump sysdump

and its use as $(SRCONV_PROG)$(EXEEXT) in the generated Makefile with
the binutils-2.9.1 sources.

 The bug has been fixed in the current binutils development sources.
Some other H8/300 related bugs are fixed too...

	ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/binutils

 When your host is Win32, perhaps you could also consider downloading
the H8/300 tools as prebuilt with all kind of new fixes not available
in gcc-2.95.x or even in the current egcs-snapshots. Pre-built
binutils too, of course.... And a Insight-GDB with a GUI...

	http://www.saunalahti.fi/~ankosk2/embtools.htm

* Re: binutils for h8300 target
@ 1999-12-31 22:24   ` Kai Ruottu
From: Kai Ruottu @ 1999-12-31 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)