* some question about ANSI C
@ 2000-01-03  7:19 Rolland Wong
From: Rolland Wong @ 2000-01-03  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu

Dear Sir/ Madam,

    I'm not sure if I wrote to a right
party..
    I've encounter a problem while compile the
program, mod_perl.
    I can successfully compile the mod_ssl and
Apache v1.3.9 without any problem.
    But when I try to compile the mod_perl
v1.21 into Apache Source in order to include this program, the makefile seems
not really like the GCC v2.95.2. It got the following error message
:-

Configure mod_perl with ../apache_1.3.9/src ? [y] Shall I
build httpd in ../apache_1.3.9/src for you? [y] Appending mod_perl to
src/Configuration Using config file:
/source/javaserver/mod_perl-1.21/src/Configuration Creating
Makefile  + configured for Linux platform  + setting C compiler
to gcc  + setting C pre-processor to gcc -E  + checking for
system header files  + adding selected modules  + checking
sizeof various data types  + doing sanity check on compiler and
options ** A test compilation with your Makefile configuration ** failed.
This is most likely because your C compiler ** is not ANSI. Apache requires
an ANSI C Compiler, such ** as gcc. The above error message from your
compiler ** will also provide a clue.
    It's great the if you can help me to solve
this problem, since I've asked Apache while they said this problem should
related to GCC and not them...

    Thanks again for your patient and awaiting
for your reply.

Best Regards,

Rolland Wong
System Adminstrator