* GNUC C Compiler Extensions
@ 2000-01-25 10:48 Joe Stack
From: Joe Stack @ 2000-01-25 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu

I'm trying to figure out how to enable (the otherwise default) C++ Comments
feature described in the documentation.

In test code I've determined that the __GNUC__ preproc constant is defined
and __STRICT_ANSI__ and __STDC__ are NOT defined (as per the documentation).
I've visited various versions of the compiler documentation and all I've
found it that it is supposed enabled by default and disabled by '-ansi' or
'-traditional'.

The version of the compiler we're running is given as 2.5.6 (solaris2).

Which leaves the question... How does one enable the acceptance of these
extended features (particularly, for the moment, the C++ Comments) and at
which version were they added?

I appreciate your help figuring this out!

Tx,

Joe Stack
Cylink/3SC

[-- Attachment #2: winmail.dat --]
[-- Type: application/vnd.ms-tnef, Size: 1940 bytes --]

* GNUC C Compiler Extensions
@ 2000-04-01  0:00 ` Joe Stack
From: Joe Stack @ 2000-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu