* classpath
@ 2000-02-10 15:10 tarik abdel-monem
From: tarik abdel-monem @ 2000-02-10 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu

newbie here,
 i have to use a set of classes with java on my linux box
(Red Hat 4.2 modified). when i tried to type in a CLASSPATH within my
.bash_profile, then source .bash_profile (the system told me that it did not
understand CLASSPATH) and subsequently went to compile my java source code.
javac told me that it could not find the superclass (of the classes i was
attempting to import) but the classes are in a folder called classes/BreezyGUI,
which are located in /jdk*/bin, which is part of the PATH statement of my
.bash_profile. in my reading of the article,  http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/  ,
i understand it to say that i must install a CLASSPATH module first to be able
to set a CLASSPATH or can i accomplish my task through other means?

tarik
thanx have a good day tam@thrifty.net tabdel@disc.cba.uh.edu tabdel@mail.utexas.edu tarickg@thetarickgroup.org .
.  | \/

* classpath