From: Thomas Mehlhart <Thomas.Mehlhart@Regent.E-Technik.TU-Muenchen.DE>
To: gnu@gnu.org, thm@Regent.E-Technik.TU-Muenchen.DE
Subject: gnu-binutil/ld: Is it possible to make global objects in a	library local
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 13:54:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hello

I have two libraries with containing a lot of objects with equal names
and I want to use both in different (loadable) modules of one binary.
(des from afs
and ssl) Is there any posibility to build
one module with one library, another module with the other library, to
make
the externally unused objects local and link all together to one binary.

Does anyone know how to solve the problem on linux with gnu-binutils

I I tried to use ld 2.9.1. Emulations: elf_i386 i386linux on linux with
a version script.
but nm says the resulting objects are global again.
On a sun with the sun linker (ld: Software Generation Utilities -
Solaris/ELF (3.0))
linking with -M  VERSION_SCRIPT makes the variables local.
  Am I using version script in the wrong way on linux ???
Does anyone have an example how to use it the right way ??

Best regards
Thomas

--

Thomas.Mehlhart@eda.ei.tum.de
Lehrstuhl fuer                     Institute of

WARNING: multiple messages have this Message-ID