* mixing GNU c and FORTRAN
@ 2000-03-03 15:36 Twomey, Jack
From: Twomey, Jack @ 2000-03-03 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'help-gcc@prep.ai.mit.edu'

Hi,
     I am trying to port an existing program to a SUN workstation that has
the GNU CC compiler (gcc) and GNU FORTRAN compiler (g77).  The existing
program has modules in both languages.  In addition to calls going both
ways, FORTRAN COMMON is accessed in the C modules.  The trailing underscore
method is used to accomplish the interface.  GNU does not seem to accept
this.  Can you direct me to any information on this?

John A (Jack) Twomey
Lockheed Martin Missiles & Space Co.
Sunnyvale, CA
work phone: 1.408.742.9622
FAX: 1.408.743.1795
work email: jack.twomey@lmco.com
home email: sfdoofs@gateway.net

* Re: mixing GNU c and FORTRAN
@ 2000-03-03 15:51 ` Martin v. Loewis
From: Martin v. Loewis @ 2000-03-03 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jack.twomey; +Cc: help-gcc

	I am trying to port an existing program to a SUN workstation that has
   the GNU CC compiler (gcc) and GNU FORTRAN compiler (g77).  The existing
   program has modules in both languages.  In addition to calls going both
   ways, FORTRAN COMMON is accessed in the C modules.  The trailing underscore
   method is used to accomplish the interface.  GNU does not seem to accept
   this.  Can you direct me to any information on this?

Please have a look at the g77 manual, which comes in texinfo form -
especially the node (g77)Debugging and Interfacing.

Regards,
Martin

* Re: mixing GNU c and FORTRAN
@ 2000-04-01  0:00   ` Martin v. Loewis