* g77 compiler
@ 2000-02-24  0:37 Sirkiä Olli
From: Sirkiä Olli @ 2000-02-24  0:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I compiled a FORTRAN program using g77 compiler version egcs-2.91.66 19990314
(egcs-1.1.2 release).  How to get a compilation list file containing error and
warning messages (e.g. FILE.LST in FORTRAN 77).  I couldn't find an answer to
this from g77 online manual.

Best regards!

Olli Sirkia  (helpless from Finland)

* g77 compiler
@ 2000-04-01  0:00 ` Sirkiä Olli
From: Sirkiä Olli @ 2000-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I compiled a FORTRAN program using g77 compiler version egcs-2.91.66 19990314
(egcs-1.1.2 release).  How to get a compilation list file containing error and
warning messages (e.g. FILE.LST in FORTRAN 77).  I couldn't find an answer to
this from g77 online manual.

Best regards!

Olli Sirkia  (helpless from Finland)

* Re: g77 compiler
@ 2008-01-22 20:12   ` Tim Prince
From: Tim Prince @ 2008-01-22 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Browder; +Cc: Usha Govindarajulu, gcc-help

Tom Browder wrote:
> On Jan 21, 2008 3:58 PM, Usha Govindarajulu <usha@math.bu.edu> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>   I am trying to use the g77 program to compile multiple .f files with one
>> main file, i.e.:
>>
>> g77 -o Makefile beta.f set_up.f final.f
>>
>> I would like to know how to output the error messages that appear on the
>> screen to a text file.  I tried what was suggested with -e errfile but
>> this did not work.  I appreciate your help.
>
> If you're using *nix and a c shell you can do:
>
>   % g77 ... >& compile.log
>
> and all stdout and stder will be captured in file 'compile.log'.
>
> If you're a bash user you can do:
>
>   % g77 ... > compile.log 2>&1
>
> to do the same thing.
>
> Good luck if you're on Windows.

For any version of Windows cmd shell which didn't go off support at
least 2 years ago, it's the same as the suggestion for bash.

* Re: g77 compiler
@ 2008-01-22 19:25 ` Tom Browder
From: Tom Browder @ 2008-01-22 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Usha Govindarajulu; +Cc: gcc-help

On Jan 21, 2008 3:58 PM, Usha Govindarajulu <usha@math.bu.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>   I am trying to use the g77 program to compile multiple .f files with one
> main file, i.e.:
>
> g77 -o Makefile beta.f set_up.f final.f
>
> I would like to know how to output the error messages that appear on the
> screen to a text file.  I tried what was suggested with -e errfile but
> this did not work.  I appreciate your help.

If you're using *nix and a c shell you can do:

  % g77 ... >& compile.log

and all stdout and stder will be captured in file 'compile.log'.

If you're a bash user you can do:

  % g77 ... > compile.log 2>&1

to do the same thing.

Good luck if you're on Windows.