* HELP !!!
@ 2000-03-08 14:14 Fabrício Souza
From: Fabrício Souza @ 2000-03-08 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu

Please help me !

I'm from Brazil - Sao Paulo State University - Computing Department.

I tried to install the ht://Dig in my HTTP Server
(IBM Risc 6000 / Unix / AIX 4.1.4 / Apache 1.3.9 / c++ / gcc 2.8.1)

The "configure" process aborts with this ending screen:

creating libtool
updating cache ./config.cache
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -g -O2 ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -g -O2 ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) yes
checking for c++... c++
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler
cannot cre
ate executables.
#

And the config.log  file contains:
configure:1642: checking whether we are using GNU C
configure:1670: checking whether gcc accepts -g
configure:1706: checking for c++
configure:1738: checking whether the C++ compiler (c++  ) works
configure:1754: c++ -o conftest    conftest.C  1>&5
collect2: ld returned 255 exit status
ld: 0706-006 Cannot find or open library file: -l stdc++
        ld:open(): No such file or directory
configure: failed program was:

#line 1749 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

int main(){return(0);}

If the "stdc++" file is missing, where I can find it ?
Otherwise, what's wrong ???

Please, any help will be welcome ......

Thanks a lot ! And sorry about my English.

Souza.

* Re: HELP !!!
@ 2000-03-09 17:00 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2000-03-09 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabrício Souza; +Cc: gcc-help

On Feb 24, 2000, Fabrício Souza <fabricio@feis.unesp.br> wrote:

> If the "stdc++" file is missing, where I can find it ?

It's usually installed together with gcc/g++.  Look for a file named
libstdc++.a in the gcc installation tree.

--
Alexandre Oliva     http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/     Enjoy Guaraná
Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company        aoliva@{redhat, cygnus}.com

* HELP !!!
@ 2000-04-01  0:00 ` Fabrício Souza
From: Fabrício Souza @ 2000-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu

@ 2000-04-01  0:00   ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2000-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabrício Souza; +Cc: gcc-help

@ 2018-06-01 15:58 Tomas Ukkonen
From: Tomas Ukkonen @ 2018-06-01 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gorcunov; +Cc: gcc-help

Hi

People want me dead in Finland. I’m trapped in finnish hospital (Hämeenlinna). My financial situation is somewhat destroyed and police does not investigate crimes against me.

I have coded in asm since 1994 etc. I have used NASM.

I have nop@iki.fi web address. (NOP = assembly instructions).

I’m in some kind of remote control and my head is destroyed badly.

+358-45-6696890

I have worked as Research Scientist and Senior Analytic but my head is kept in "offline" mode somehow since 1980s???

Tomas Ukkonen, M. Sc. (Helsinki University of Technology)
Sent from ProtonMail Mobile

* Re: help!!
@ 2006-12-27 17:01 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2006-12-27 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: manish manish; +Cc: gcc-help

"manish manish" <compilerguru@gmail.com> writes:

> Can anyone send me a link to gimple specification.

http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gccint/GIMPLE.html

Ian

* help!!
@ 2006-12-26 13:38 manish manish
From: manish manish @ 2006-12-26 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

hi ,
Can anyone send me a link to gimple specification.
thanks
regards
CG

* Re: Help?
@ 2006-01-28  7:41 ` Brian Dessent
From: Brian Dessent @ 2006-01-28  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Garvin Pang wrote:

> Hi, I'm new to computer programing and I'm in need of help building your
> complier. Your complier seems to be very good but i have no idea how to
> build it because everything you say in the installation page make no sense
> to me, I think is because I'm still new at this but can you guide me on how
> to build the complier? Thanks

If you are in that position there is absolutely no reason why you need
to build the compiler yourself, and in fact doing so would just be a
large ordeal with no tangible outcome.  All linux distros have prebuilt
gcc packages packages that you can install, Apple has Xcode, and on
Windows you can use Cygwin or Mingw.  See
<http://gcc.gnu.org/install/binaries.html> for more information.

If you still need more help, you will need to give much more
information: platform, operating system version, etc.

Brian

* Help?
@ 2006-01-28  5:42 Garvin Pang
From: Garvin Pang @ 2006-01-28  5:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi, I'm new to computer programing and I'm in need of help building your
complier. Your complier seems to be very good but i have no idea how to
build it because everything you say in the installation page make no sense
to me, I think is because I'm still new at this but can you guide me on how
to build the complier? Thanks

* help_
@ 2005-06-02 15:54 imacat
From: imacat @ 2005-06-02 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

* help?
@ 2003-07-12 10:05 Shen Hui
From: Shen Hui @ 2003-07-12 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

gcc-help-help,hi!

I am using gcc-2.95.3 form ARM.

i have a c program file as follow:

void foo1 ()
{
  int j[]={1,2};
}

void foo2 ()
{
  int j[]={1,2,3};
}

but the code generated for foo1 are:
foo1:
        @ args = 0, pretend = 0, frame = 8
        @ frame_needed = 1, current_function_anonymous_args = 0
        mov     ip, sp
        stmfd   sp!, {r4, fp, ip, lr, pc}
        sub     fp, ip, #4
        sub     sp, sp, #8
        sub     r3, fp, #24
        ldr     r2, .L4
        ldmia   r2, {r3-r4}
        sub     r1, fp, #16
        stmdb   r1, {r3-r4}
        b       .L3

and the code generated for foo2 are:
foo2:
        @ args = 0, pretend = 0, frame = 12
        @ frame_needed = 1, current_function_anonymous_args = 0
        mov     ip, sp
        stmfd   sp!, {fp, ip, lr, pc}
        sub     fp, ip, #4
        sub     sp, sp, #12
        sub     r3, fp, #24
        ldr     r2, .L8
        sub     r3, fp, #24		@**************************it is the redundant instruction, the same as above two.
        mov     ip, r2
        ldmia   ip, {r0-r2}     @ load multiple
        stmia   r3, {r0-r2}     @ str multiple
        b       .L7

my question is that in function foo2 there is a redundant instruction (sub     r3, fp, #24),
i donot think it's needed, whereas, there hasnot this instruction in function foo1.
why compiler generate it ?

thanks!

              Shen Hui
              shenhui@mprc.pku.edu.cn
                 2003-07-12

* Re: help!!!
@ 2003-03-07  5:46 ` LLeweLLyn Reese
From: LLeweLLyn Reese @ 2003-03-07  5:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jim; +Cc: gcc-help

Jim Frost <jim@jimfrost.com> writes:

> Any ideas with the following??? gcc3.2
>

> linux:~/aquaosk-2.0 # ./configure
> checking target system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
> checking for -p flag to install... yes
> checking for gawk... gawk
> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler cannot
> create executables
> See `config.log' for more details.

Well, see the config.log file, it might be helpful. Or maybe not. :-)

This can happen if you don't have permission to create files in the
    current dir, if there isn't space on the file system, etc, etc.

Try compiling a simple hello world type program, and see if your gcc
    works for that.

> Help appreciated!!!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim Frost
> --
> KMail 1.5 KDE 3.1

* help!!!
@ 2003-03-03 17:37 Jim Frost
From: Jim Frost @ 2003-03-03 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Any ideas with the following??? gcc3.2

linux:~/aquaosk-2.0 # ./configure
checking for -p flag to install... yes
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler cannot
create executables
See `config.log' for more details.

Help appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Jim Frost
--
KMail 1.5 KDE 3.1

* Re: help!
       [not found] <20021204042724.64819.qmail@web15002.mail.bjs.yahoo.com>
@ 2002-12-04  0:16 ` Ben Elliston
From: Ben Elliston @ 2002-12-04  0:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yanag kai; +Cc: gcc-help

  yanag> Hello!Thanks for your work,It's great!
  yanag> I want to learn how gcc work.so can I get one copy of
  yanag> gcc' source code structure.

Please refer to http://gcc.gnu.org/releases.html.

Ben

* help!!!
@ 2002-11-19 10:16 mingo lu
From: mingo lu @ 2002-11-19 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi:

what i have is solaris5.8 on sparc 20 with no
binutils-2.x installed. the comipler is gcc3.2
(32-binary only). I am getting error when i compiled
tcl/tk8.3.5:

.... -ldl  -lsocket -lnsl -lpthread -lm
ld: fatal: library -lgcc_s: not found
ld: fatal: library -lgcc_s: not found
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written
to libtcl8.3.so
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [libtcl8.3.so] Error 1

any help would be greatly appreciated ...

tia

mingo

http://webhosting.yahoo.com

* Re: help!!
       [not found] <20020617195757.13842.qmail@uwdvg001.cms.usa.net>
@ 2002-06-17 13:05 ` Phil Edwards
From: Phil Edwards @ 2002-06-17 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicole Nails; +Cc: libstdc++, gcc-help

Please don't send HTML email; more information is at gcc.gnu.org/lists.html

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 07:57:57PM -0000, Nicole Nails wrote:
> I need though a list of all
> possible errors the GNU compiler will detect when a student is attempting to
> compile and/or run a program.

In theory, anywhere the language rules say that a compiler must detect an
error, we do so.

For an exact list, look through the GCC source code for calls to the
functions named "warning" and "error".

Be aware that there are many mistakes in C and C++ that compilers cannot
detect, or are not required to detect.  Beginning students should probably
use flags like

    -Wall -W -pedantic

while learning the language.

Phil

* Help!
@ 2002-04-04 23:41 朱 少波
From: 朱 少波 @ 2002-04-04 23:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=gb2312; format=flowed, Size: 2105 bytes --]

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am eager to know if the gcc support the Analog Devices company's
ADSP-21XX. I have download many editions of gcc source files and the gcc
3.0.2 manual, but I cannot find any information about the ADSP-21XX. I
could do nothing but ask for your help. Can you give me an answer or a full
list of DSPs supported by gcc. I will be very appreciated for your help,
thank you very much!

                                                               yours
sincerely
                                                                  Zhu
shaobo

2002.4.4

[...]

http://messenger.microsoft.com/cn

* Re: Help?
@ 2001-01-02 19:37 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2001-01-02 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kwanghoon Choi; +Cc: gcc-help

On Jan  3, 2001, Kwanghoon Choi <khchoi@ruby.kaist.ac.kr> wrote:

> I would like to know the precise sequence of loading and execution of
> a given executable.

I believe this depends on the kernel and on the C library, and not on
the compiler.  That's why you won't find any documentation about this
in the compiler manual.

> First, I don't know who really calls __libc_start_main() functions.

I *think* that would be ld.so, or whatever other INTERPRETER name
encoded in the executable.  I think that's what loads the actual
executable, relocates it, runs its initializers and calls the main
function.  But then, I'm just a compiler engineer, and I don't
understand the internals of the GNU/Linux C library/kernel.

* Help?
@ 2001-01-02 18:27 Kwanghoon Choi
From: Kwanghoon Choi @ 2001-01-02 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help; +Cc: Kwanghoon Choi

Hello all,

I would like to know the precise sequence of loading and execution of
a given executable. In my specific flatform (the ARM machine, uclinux kernel,
gcc, and glibc), I am using binary executables in a flat form, not like ELF.
The below simple program gets crashed whenever I compile the program with
-lpthread even if the program does not use the thread library. If I omit
the option -lpthread, it works well!

   main()
   {
        int childpid;

        if( (childpid = vfork()) == -1 ) {
                /* can't vfork */
        }
        else if(childpid == 0) {
               /* child process */
        }
        else {
        	    /* parent process */

I know it is foolish to give the option -lpthread in my simple program,
but it is just a test to resolve my questions to be explained.
In order to examine why, I instrumented some printf-like functions into
uclinux kernel sources and glibc sources.

By instrumenting pthread library functions in glibc, I found that
pthread_initialize() gets called before the main() function.
The reason seems to be that the function is declared as this:

   static void pthread_initialize(void) __attribute__((constructor));

My execution sequence is like this as far as I know by instrumenting
printf-like functions.

   KERNEL : ...
            search_binary_handler() // load an executable in a flat form
            do_load_flat_binary()   // $UCLINUX/fs/binfmt_flat.c
            wake_up()               // the process for the executable
                                    // gets control
            ???

   USER   : ???
            __libc_start_main       // $GLIBC/sysdeps/generic/libc-start.c
                                    // glibc's entry ?
            ???
            pthread_initialize()    // $GLIBC/linuxpthread/pthread.c
                                    // pthread initialization
            main()                  // user's program

First, I don't know who really calls __libc_start_main() functions. Notice
that it receives several arguments, mostly function pointers.

   int __libc_start_main (int (*main) (int, char **, char **), int argc,
                          char **argv, void (*init) (void), void (*fini) (void),
                          void (*rtld_fini) (void), void *stack_end)
   {

Second, though I know pthread_initialize() is (indirectly) called in the
__libc_start_main(), I don't know where exectly. The reason is that
pthread_initialize() seems to be called via some function pointer, e.g. init().

Third, I don't know how GCC compiles the functions declared with
__attribute__((constructor)). I would like to know the compilation
strategy specifically in the flat-formed executable.

Although I will check this mailing list reguraly, it would be happy
to forward your reply to khchoi@pllab.kaist.ac.kr.

Thank you for reading my long mail.

Kwanghoon

p.s. I looked around the site of GCC online documentation
       ( http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/onlinedocs/ )
     but it contains some broken links, e.g. for GCC manual
       ( http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc_toc.html )

* Re: HELP!!!
@ 2000-05-16 23:27 ` Martin v. Loewis
From: Martin v. Loewis @ 2000-05-16 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: michmike; +Cc: gcc, gcc-help

> I am looking to find out what specific optimizations -O2
> and -O3 do..both low-level and machine-independent ones and the
> online docs are not very clear. I need those for some performance
> testing I need to do. If anyone knows the answers I would be really
> oblidged.

Just have a look at the section "Optimize Options" of the gcc manual.

Regards,
Martin

* HELP!!!
@ 2000-05-15  9:15 Michael Michael
From: Michael Michael @ 2000-05-15  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc, gcc-help

Hi:

I am looking to find out what specific optimizations -O2
and -O3 do..both low-level and machine-independent ones and the
online docs are not very clear. I need those for some performance
testing I need to do. If anyone knows the answers I would be really
oblidged.

Thanks a lot in advance!

--Mike

* Help!
@ 2000-04-01  0:00 ` 陳鵬升
From: 陳鵬升 @ 2000-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc, gcc-help

Hello:

      Under M68000,
      I want to generate position-independent-data using the base of register A5.
      I modify legitimate_pic_address function and produce the RTL that I want.
      I want use PID(base-register A5) and  option -mpcrel .
for example :

      (insn 10 5 11 (set (reg:SI 30)
        (mem/u:SI (plus:SI (reg:SI 13 %a5)
                (symbol_ref:SI ("C"))) 0)) -1 (nil)
    (nil))

(insn 11 10 13 (set (reg:SI 29)
        (reg:SI 30)) -1 (nil)
    (expr_list:REG_EQUAL (symbol_ref:SI ("C"))
        (nil)))
      If I don't use -O2 optimal option, the output assemble code is right.
      If I use -O2 optimal option, the output assemble code is wrong.
      The option -fpic also generate the same RTL code, but it don't be affect by -O2.
      What files and where should I modify for correct it?
      Thanks very much.

								Ps. Chen

* Help!
@ 2000-02-24  0:56 陳鵬升