* HELP : gcc compilation for TEMPLATE HANDLING
@ 2000-03-14 11:21 Madhur Sharma
From: Madhur Sharma @ 2000-03-14 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu

hi !
	i was using the gcc compiler for compiling my programs which use internal
templates . with the default option -fno-external-templates . while linking
the programs i got a lot of symbol refersncing errors and they were for the
templates only .
	i cud not understand how to fix this problem using #pragma interface in my
header files which use templates.
	please cud u help me on this issue.

				thanx
					Madhur Sharma

* Re: HELP : gcc compilation for TEMPLATE HANDLING
@ 2000-03-14 12:46 ` Martin v. Loewis
From: Martin v. Loewis @ 2000-03-14 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: madhur_sharma; +Cc: gnu, help-gcc

> was using the gcc compiler for compiling my programs which use
> internal templates . with the default option -fno-external-templates
> . while linking the programs i got a lot of symbol refersncing
> errors and they were for the templates only .

> i cud not understand how to fix this problem using #pragma interface in my
> header files which use templates.
> 	please cud u help me on this issue.

I'm not sure I can help; you did not say what processor and operating
system you are using gcc on. On Linux and other ELF-based systems, I
recommend to forget about -fno-external-templates, and trust the
instantiation mechanism provided by the compiler. At latest, the
linker will remove duplicate instantiations should they happen.

Regards,
Martin

* Re: HELP : gcc compilation for TEMPLATE HANDLING
@ 2000-04-01  0:00   ` Martin v. Loewis
From: Martin v. Loewis @ 2000-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: madhur_sharma; +Cc: gnu, help-gcc

@ 2000-04-01  0:00 ` Madhur Sharma