* Help on difference of running on varius x86 with linux
@ 2000-03-31 15:21 Alessio Terpin
From: Alessio Terpin @ 2000-03-31 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

hi ML

I'm  Alessio Terpin a student of Physic of the University of Trieste
(Italy)
for my thesis i wrote down C code using as tool for compiling the gcc
on Red Hat  6.1 Linux platform

The hardware that i have used is

P    200  64M
PMMX 233  128M
K6-2 400  128M

Profiling my code on this platform i have notice
that the same compiled file with Optimization level
machine independent -O1 -O2 -O3
present difference in the cpu consume of the varies function
so i have thought that this depend from the different architecture
of the CPU. It's right or there is some things that i don't have
see. In this case i think that the machine code is for 386

Another question when i use CPU optimization, i have used the same
that are used for compile the kernel what happen ?
Can give suggest where find this info

Thanks in Advance for all help can give me

P.S. Sorry for my English :-)

--
Saluti da Alessio Terpin

| Hello World!                          |
| The most difficult things to do ! K&R |